I am so so SO excited for this week. First, Dia de los Muertos is next Wednesday (November 2) and all week we have fun things planned. On Thursday, we have a pot luck type lunch will all our families at the language school. Saturday, we're going shopping at Mercado de Abastos for all the Dia de los Muertos essentials. Sunday, we're making a Dia de los Muertos altar and entering it into this local contest. Also that evening we're going to get to go see the altars in the cemetery nearby. Meche mentioned something about making tamales at home either Friday or Saturday which would be amazing because I love tamales. I'm not exactly sure what we're doing Monday/Tuesday for the actual holiday but how could it possibly be bad.
The second reason I'm crazy excited for this week is that tomorrow I start my rotation at Hospital Civil, which is the biggest hospital here and everyone else in the group has spoke reallyy highly of their experiences there. The doctor in charge already confirmed that I'm going to start in OB/GYN tomorrow which is what I requested. I really hope I get to see a baby being born! Also, I asked that I be placed in pediatrics and surgery for the other two days this week. Can't wait!
No comments:
Post a Comment