Thursday, October 14, 2010

Highlights From the Last Couple Days at Dra. Lucía's

  • I watched 2 six inch long needles be inserted into this woman's butt. Then laughed hysterically at the shock on the nurse's face when she removed them.
  • I got a complete lesson from the grouchy nurse in how to cleanse myself after giving a massage: always suck in your stomach, brush your arms, legs, and torso off while turning in circles, wash your hands, take a couple sips of water. Ta-da, you're now cleansed of the patient's bad energy.
  • Cupping--scary open glass spheres that suck up human flesh.
  • The doctor put these stickers with mustard seeds attached on a patient's ear. She has to wear them until they fall off. They're going to reduce her blood pressure. (DUH)
  • Hot Pencil Herby Thingy--They hold it an inch above the skin and wave it around. I don't know. I'm lost?
  • And I think this one speaks for itself:
"Hueso de Dragon" (aka Dragon Bone)
Why do I feel like I spent the last 3 days in fairytale land?

No comments:

Post a Comment