Tuesday, September 21, 2010

I Think I'm Living In Fruit Heaven

This morning we got the chance to sample some of the local fruits. Just a few of my favorites so far..

PITAYA
This one was really sweet and kind of tasted like a cross between strawberry and watermelon to me. I believe in English it's called "Dragon Fruit."


 CHERIMOYA
This sort of has the same sweet/sour complex as pineapple but the flesh of the fruit is really soft and juicy. The one we tried actually had small spikes on the outside but I couldn't find a good picture of one like that.

CIRUELA AMARILLO
They call this mini fruit a "plum." It has a tough skin that you're supposed to eat and a really large pit in the center almost the size of the fruit itself so there's really very little flesh.  The taste was kind of like a really tangy/bitter mango.
 

2 comments: