Sunday, September 5, 2010
The Countdown Begins
I leave in less than 2 weeks. Ahh!! That's kind of scary to think about. I'm not AT ALL ready. I don't even have a return flight yet because I haven't figured out what I want to do after our program ends. (If you guys have any suggestions, def let me know.) Anyways, I decided to start this blog to keep you all informed. I'm really going to do my best to keep it up to date but no promises. As most of you know, I can be kind of lazy/indecisive and writing is definitely not my thing. But anywho, 2 weeks from today my host fam (whom I still know nothing about) will be picking me up from the airport in Oaxaca. I'm going to spend 2 and a half months interning in the hospitals/clinics there and taking some classes that compare Mexican and American health care systems. Yesterday Nick, one of the trip directors, sent us our tentative schedule for our first week in Oaxaca. It'll mostly be an orientation week.. introduction to the town, taking our spanish placement test, group activities, tours of some of the clinics, and a couple day trips. I still can't believe I'm going to be living in Mexico for the next couple months!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment