Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Clinic Tour

So this morning they took us on a small tour of some of the clinics we're going to be volunteering at.  We'll spend 2 weeks (Wednesday-Friday) at each clinic before moving on to the next one and the clinic rotations start next week.  The first clinic I'm going to is called Centro de Salud San Francisco. I have absolutely no idea where it is except that it's semi-far and on the outskirts of the city, it's not listed on the map they gave us, my host mom has never heard of it, and I can't find it on Google so I imagine getting there will be quite an experience. Thank goodness Helen also has her rotation there next week; I think we're going to split the price of a taxi and then ask someone how to get back. Also I noticed that the clinic seems to be located in a much more impoverished area than where we're living right now which makes me both nervous and a little excited. Nervous, obviously for safety reasons and excited because I think it's going to be really interesting and totally different than anything I've experienced previously. Funny side note: when we got back from the tour and I stepped out of the van (of which the driver was so kindly holding the door open), I missed the curb, took a flying leap, and basically fell flat on my face in front of the entire group. Yes, my mother should have named me Grace.

This afternoon I have another 3hr language class (blah) and tomorrow is our field trip to Monte Albán! 

No comments:

Post a Comment