Happy Belated Thanksgiving!
Friday, November 26, 2010
Good Times
Sometimes I really love this place. Jane and I had a gorgeous morning run yesterday up into the mountains at the top of the Escaleras de Fortín. I'm really going to miss the view from the top of those stairs. Last night we had a great Thanksgiving dinner. About 20 of us showed up and the food was actually surprisingly close to a real American dinner. Plus, the cooks/waiters were all beyond amable. I stopped to talk to the laundry lady this morning and she told me that she's decided to raffle off a piece of barro negro pottery to one of us Americans. She gave me a lottery ticket--numero dos. There are 7 of us that come to visit her. Cross your fingers! Now I'm sitting in Brujula with my americano doble and about to knock out some of these papers. Yeah, so maybe I'm a little sad that we'll be leaving soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment