Wednesday, December 8, 2010

San Miguel de Allende

So, San Miguel de Allende wasn't anything like what we expected. We got here this morning by bus and kind of just spent the day wandering around.  I think Mom and I both expected it to be more like a mini-America since there are apparently so many Americans that choose this city to retire in. I don't quite understand why. It's pretty and quaint but definitely nothing special. I think I'll want a little more interesting place to retire in. The church in the center of town was pretty cool though.  It reminded me a little of the Disneyland castle.
Parroquia de San Miguel
For dinner tonight, one of the guys who works at our hotel recommended a place called La Bugambilia because it is "la más tradicional."  Well, the place served far from traditional Mexican food but I had an excellent American-ish chicken fillet in a tangy orange sauce.  Also, it was the first time I'd seen real wheat bread since I left! Yummy yummy.  Mom ordered a margarita which then had to be followed by a decaf coffee and flan before we could walk home. Such a lightweight. I love her. Haha.
Tomorrow morning we're off to Mexico City. I'm a tad bit nervous security wise, but I'm really looking forward to seeing the Anthropology Museum and Teotihuacan. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment